Saturday, December 04, 2010

Poem, of something rising

Oyez! All Beloved who gather here
Listen
    is how the dream began
You striding across the Campo
down by the school-yard
And I opening
    the heavy doors of a dark prism

Oyez!  Beloved, it appeared, as if
    the wood horses stopped in their grazing among the trees
being wheeled aside and light fell deep in the knell
to wolf and bear witness, as war burst out
of the belly up to the Bar.

I saw you as if a fragrance of my youth
    had been spilt and splintered
upon the gold and scarlet song of a sunset.

I rode hard and wet upon the galloping emu of my hopes and found you feathers
and all perched and dry high among the rafters of birds winging back and forth
between the mud and the sky

Love comes in a dream to the bridging of us
    to the meet of our desire
where you are this Appaloosa of my eye,
this reigning rein pulling an erasure across
my spotted memory of women who came and went,
    and now is a tower together.

In my dream you were a moon beam
    stuffed with personality like a congress making sausages,
a tube of round light being squeezed together from pig’s lips
and a turkey gobbling a language
    and I dreamt I woke baffled
    in the batter of something
        Rising 

No comments:

Post a Comment