Fact/ Trends concerning Korea:
1. The world's largest Shipyard is run by Hyundai Heavy Industries in Ulsan, South Korea. New ships, some as large as 15 stories high and 3 football fields in length, can be launched every five days. 44% of the world's largest commercial vessels are built in South Korea.
2. South Korea used to be the "farming" region, compared with the "industrial" North. Now, the South has eclipsed the North in all activities except Fawning Over Great Leader exercises.
3. Immediately after the Korean War (40+ years ago), living standards in South Korea were relatively low, with worker's earning $70/year. South Korea is now the tenth larges economy in the world, with worker's earning $16,000/year.
4. Numerous reports of slave-labor, child-labor, concentration camps, and deliberate starvation of the population have been corroborated by eye-witnesses, aerial photography, and film, concerning North Korea. There are almost no "bird calls" heard in North Korea -- a starving people have eaten all the vermin, insects, and birds.
- Did Socrates say "Know Thyself", or was he misunderstood, as all are. Show Thyself is all we can do. The knowing is unknowable. I am filled with joy. It can't be helped.
Became a Farmer, Builder, Musician, Tank Commander, Librarian, Lawyer and Minister. I have failed at many things. And now retired. Filled, just filled, with Joy.